Visa waiver is limited to 72 hours from the next day at 12:00 am. Specific grant times is determined by the stamping on your passport. Travelers should follow the following regulations:
1. The applicants’ information of 72 hours transit visa need to be provided by the airline carrier before the flight departs. The information needs to be provided to Tianjin Public Security Bureau--Exit-Entry Administration and Tianjin border authorities.
2. Before the flight arrivals, the airline staffs will guide the applicants with 72 hours transit visa waiver application. They will also provide the instruction sheet.
3. After the flight arrives, the airline staffs will guide the 72 hours transit visa applicants to the border’s dedicated counters to complete the entry procedure. When the border authorities approve the applicant is eligible for the 72 hours transit visa, the applicant will receive the stamp of temporary entry permit and then pass the customs clearance. At the same time, the airline staffs will submit the registration forms to the 72 hours transit visa service window of Public Security Bureau--Exit-Entry Administration.
5. Visa vaiver holders should report to local police or register at the hotel where they will stay within 24 hours.
6. Visa waiver holders should stay with the city limit. If staying more than 72 hour is required due to any force majeure reasons, they should apply for extended stay at Tianjin Boarder Control.
Visa waiver applies to the citizens of the following countries
In the port of Tianjin for 72 hour transit visa policy list a total of 51 countries:
1. European Schengen Agreement countries (24): Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
2. Other countries in Europe (13): Russia, Britain, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania.
3. American countries (6): the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, chile.
4. Oceania (2): Australia, new zealand.
5. Asian countries (6): South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, Qatar, the United Arab emirates.